Axiom Preparatory Academy, based in the Chandler-Gilbert area of Arizona, is a new private school founded in 2012 with an initial launch of operations and programs slated for the 2012-2013 Academic Year. As a preparatory school, Axiom is focused on academic excellence and the preparation of well-rounded children that are excited and engaged about learning. Axiom’s plans are to encompass academic programs for pre-school. It is expected that Axiom will open in the future for students from pre-k thru fifth grade.
Unlike most existing schools, Axiom intends to introduce unique curricula and activities into its programs so as to emphasize the development of the whole child and the whole mind.
The founders of Axiom came together to start the Academy, united by a common vision, passion and philosophy for the education of their children. Having all experienced public and private school programs within Arizona, they recognized the need and the opportunity for developing a new school that would apply “out-of-the-box” thinking to the education of children while providing an education option that is both exceptional and affordable.
The Core Values of Axiom established by the founders are:
- Integrity: Having firm sense of moral values and living by them; Axiom aims for all students to be honest, confident, and disciplined.
- Individuality: Offering students a journey that is guided by the school community, but led by themselves through self-discovery and exploration.
- Compassion: Having faculty and families committed to providing a caring environment that supports diversity, acceptance, and respect for others. The Axiom community will have a strong sense of responsibility to our community and world as a whole.
- Creativity: Recognition that in this day and age, creativity is a fundamental and teachable capability that is important in all aspects of life, learning and problem solving. Axiom will emphasize proactive creative exploration to fulfill needs of the whole child – mind, body, and spirit.
- Innovation: Embracing unique, novel and non-traditional teaching methods, tools, curricula and programs to develop extraordinary individuals. Axiom will strive to develop within each student the ability to apply both convergent and divergent thinking.
- Engagement: Making active participation key to learning, and emphasizing the need to engage positively in society and the world.
- Duty: Embedding within each child a strong sense of responsibility and duty to each other, their families, society, the environment and the world they live in.